Pepper Chicken Stir Fry
- 400 grams of chicken breast
- 1/3 tsp of salt
- 1.5 tsp of cornstarch
- 1 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine
- 1.5 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 2 tsp of dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp of Chinese black vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of white pepper
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 2 tsp of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of stock or water
- 2 cloves of garlic finely diced
- 2 tsp of ginger finely diced
- 1.5 tbsp of cooking oil
- 200 grams of green and red chili pepper
Carbon Steel Wok
Slice the chicken breast into slaps. Season it with 1/3 tsp of salt, 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch, 1 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine, minced garlic, and ginger. Set it aside.
- In a sauce bowl, combine the following ingredients: 1.5 tbsp of soy sauce, 1.5 tbsp of oyster sauce, 2 tsp of dark soy sauce, 2 tsp of Chinese black vinegar, 1/2 tsp of white pepper, 1 tsp of sugar, 2 tsp of cornstarch, 1/2 cup of stock or water, any stock will work.
- Slice the green chili and red chilies. If you don’t eat spicy food, you can use bell peppers instead.
- Turn the heat to high and heat your wok until smoking hot. Add oil and swirl it around to coat the bottom. Add the marinated chicken, spread it out. Let it sear on one side. Then stir for a couple of minutes until it changes color. Push the chicken to the side. Add the chili. I like to use the chicken to cover the chilies for a minute so they cook faster. Continue to stir until it reaches your desired doneness. Pour in the sauce and stir until thickened.
- Serve with white rice.