- 300 g of plain flour
- 165 ml of water
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 250 g of ground beef
- 1 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 tsp of five spice
- 1 tsp of chicken powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt or to taste
- 1/3 cup of chopped onion
- 1/4 cup of chopped coriander
- 1/4 cup of spring onion
- 2 tsp of ground ginger
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 2 tbsp of spring onion
- 1 and half tbsp of flour
- 2 tsp of Sichuan peppercorn powder
- 2 tsp of white pepper
- Have some sesame seeds ready
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil to fry the bread
FOR MAKING THE DOUGH:
MAKE THE FILLING:
FOR MAKING THE GLAZE:
MAKE THE DOUGH:
Mix the flour and the salt
- Add in the water
- Mix it and knead it it until all the flour come together became a dough.
- Cover it and let it sit for 30 minutes.
MAKE THE FILLING:
Marinate the ground beef with 1 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine, 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 2 tsp of sesame oil, 1 tsp of five spice, 1 tsp of chicken powder, and some salt.
- Mix them until the beef absorbs the liquid and you can feel the texture is smooth.
- Combine it with the vegetables. Which are 1/3 cup of chopped onion, 1/4 cup of cilantro, 1/4 cup of scallion and 2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Set it aside for 30 minutes.
MAKE THE GLAZE:
You will need 2 tbsp of diced spring onion, 1 and a half tbsp of flour, 2 tsp of Sichuan peppercorn powder and 2 tsp of white pepper.
- We are going to heat up some oil, the hottest possible.
- Pour the oil into the bowl immediately.
- Give it a mix and set it aside. We are going to use this later.
MAKE THE SHAO BING:
Roll the dough it into a long even strip. Cut it into 12 pieces. Each one should be about 35 grams.
- Brush some glaze onto the small dough.
- Take one dough. Roll it a little bit. Then flatten it by your hand. Using rolling pin roll it until you have a long thin piece. It is about 25 cm long and 13 cm wide.
- Now brush the glaze again on one side of the piece.
- Put some filling on it. Do put it all the way full. because it is a really thin. It will have a higher chance of breaking if you fill it up all the way.
- Fold the edge of it. Roll it from one side and then wrap the end of it to finish it.
- Then press it down gently. It should be about half inch thick and 10 cm long across.
- Coat one side with sesame seeds.
- Finish the rest and we can fry the shao bing.
- FRY THE SHAO BING:Put enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Place your Shao bing in. sesame side up and fry them on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Flip them over. Fry the other side for 3 minutes or until both sides turn golden brown. And you are done.