White Boiled Shrimp (白灼虾)
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
This is a follow up recipe for the Chinese BBQ spice. If you haven't watch it yet, please take a look first, because we gonna use it in this dish. This is great when you are on a keto or weight loss diet because it makes any plain meat taste so good. You just simply poach the shrimp and serve it with the BBQ spice.
Souped Up Recipes
- 400g / 14oz of deveined shrimp, preferably shell-on
- 2 liters / 8 cups of water
- 5 slices of ginger
- 2 scallions
2 tbsp of Chinese BBQ spice as a dipping
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Devein the shrimp by sticking a toothpick underneath and pulling it out. I will not peel the shell because it helps keep the shrimp moist during the cooking process.
- Add water, ginger slices, and some scallions into a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Add the shrimp and count for 1 minute. Then turn off the heat and put on the lid. Let the shrimp sit in the hot water for 2-3 more minutes, depending on the size. Don’t let it sit for too long; otherwise, the shrimp will become rubbery.
- Take the shrimp out, and serve with the BBQ spice and lemon.