Premium Sichuan Peppercorns (100g/3.5oz)
Our Sichuan peppercorn is premium-grade, has a vivid red color, and has no seeds.
Sichuan peppercorn is known for its citrus aroma and numbing & tingling effect. It contains an element called hydroxy-alpha sanshool, which gives you a tingling and numbing feeling. This feeling makes your taste buds more sensitive to flavors, and you will feel that the food becomes more delicious.
You almost can’t cook Sichuan recipes without Sichuan peppercorns. Other Chinese cuisines also use it often, as it has become popular all over China.
SOME RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE -
- Cantonese Soy Sauce Chicken
- Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Hong Shao Rou Recipe (红烧肉)
- Chinese Pickles
- Lan Zhou Ramen Noodles
- Chinese Scallion Pancakes
- Homemade Spicy Hot Pot Flavor Base
- Hot and Sour Dumpling Soup
- Soup Dumplings
- Szechuan Crispy Beef
- Authentic Dan Dan Noodles
- Doornail Dumplings
- Crispy Salt and Pepper Shrimp
- Sichuan Poached Beef
- Braised Beef Recipe with Daikon
- Chicken Wonton Soup With Spicy Chili Oil
- Hot and Sour Shredded Potato
- Chinese Bitter Melon Recipe
- Mapo Tofu Recipe
- Shaanxi Rou Jia Mo Chinese Burger Recipe
- Sichuan Mouth-watering Chicken
- Crispy Egg Roll Recipe
- Crispy Pork Recipe (Sichuan Style)
- Pork Dumplings
- "Red Braised Lions Head" Meatball
- Braised Pork Belly Noodle Soup
- Shanghai Pork Chow Mein Stir Fry Noodles
- Easy Kung Pao Shrimp
- Yibin Flaming Noodles
- Homemade Five Spice Powder
Please store Sichuan peppercorns in a sealed bag or jar, in the fridge.
Sichuan peppercorn (Chinese: 花椒; pinyin: huājiāo; other English translations such as Szechuan pepper, Szechwan pepper, and wild pepper) has nothing to do with black pepper or chili peppers. It is not spicy at all. It is the fruit of a citrus plant called Zanthoxylum in the family of Rutaceae.