Chicken Fried Rice
- 150 grams of chicken
- 1 tsp of corn starch
- 1 tsp of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of vegetable oil
- a pinch of baking soda NOT BAKING POWDER Sorry for the audio mistake in the video
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of red onion
- 1/3 cup of green beans
- 1/2 cup of carrot
- 1/4 cup of spring onion
- 1 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 2 tsp of dark soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp of salt or to taste
- pepper to taste
FOR THE CHICKEN MARINADE:
FOR THE STIR FRYING:
FOR THE SEASONING:
Cut the chicken into small pieces. Mix it with 1 tsp of corn starch, 1 tsp of soy sauce, 1 tsp of vegetable oil and a pinch of baking soda. Set it aside for 30 minutes.
- Crack 2 eggs. Beat it well.
- Heat up the wok. Add about 1 tbsp of vegetable oil. Give it a toss, so the bottom is coated nicely.
- Wait until there is smoke coming out. Pour in the egg. Will take about 30-50 seconds to get the it fluffy. Break it into small pieces and set it aside.
- Add more oil into the same wok. Heat it up and add in the chicken. Saute it about 1 or 2 minutes. Then push it to the side so you have room for the vegetables. Dump in all your veggies, which are 1 tbsp of minced garlic, 1/4 cup of onion, 1/3 cup of green beans and 1/2 cup of carrot. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- When the onion should be transparent, Add some salt to taste. Mix it well.
- Take it out.
- Next is the rice. Loosen up the rice before frying.
- Turn on the gas to high, Heat up the wok for about 15 seconds. Then add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil. Put in the rice right after that. Use your spatula to break down the big pieces.
- You need to stir fry this for 3-5 minutes. Then add in our seasoning, 1 tbsp of light soy sauce, 2 tsp of dark soy sauce.
- Now you really got to mix this. Do it fast. Because the wok is hot, the liquid will evaporate quickly- then you will never get to mix it evenly. Once can not see white rice, add in all the ingredients. Veggies, meat, oh and the egg...
- Toss everything together. Give them about 2 minutes to be infused with each other.
- Add in the spring onion right before serving.