- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 large size eggs
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1/3 cup of coffee
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- A small piece of room temperature butter to grease the rice cooker
- 200 grams of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 145 grams of heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp of Butter softened at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
Cut about 1/3 cup of butter, put it over some warm water, and use a low flame to heat the water. It will melt slowly.
- Cut another small bit of butter and put it in the rice cooker. We gonna use that to grease the pot. It will get soft while we are preparing other ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, sieve in all the dry ingredients: 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of granulated sugar, 2/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tsp of baking soda, 1/2 tsp of baking powder, 1/2 tsp of salt. Mix them until everything is well combined.
- Get another bowl to gather all the wet ingredients: 2 large size eggs, 1/2 cup of buttermilk, 1/3 cup of melted butter, 1/3 cup of coffee, 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients mixture into dry ingredients. Stir until you get a thick batter.
- Get a brush and spread the soft butter everywhere on the bottom of the rice cooker. Make sure you get the side as well. My rice cooker is non-stick. If your is not, you will need to cut up an around piece of parchment paper to place on the bottom.
- Pour the batter straight into the rice cooker. A rubber spatula will help you clean the bowl easily. Tab it a few times to shake out the big bubbles and smoothen the surface.
- Press down the button to turn on the rice cooker. We will cook this for 1 hour in total. The button will pop back up to warm setting soon. Don’t worry, during this 1 hour, all you need you to do is come back every 15 minutes and press down the button again. So you will press the button 4 times in total. But every rice cooker is different, you might need to slightly adjust the cooking time.
- Once it is done, quickly open the lid. Try not to let the steam drip back down on the cake. Stick a toothpick into the cake. If it comes out clean, that means you are good to go. Take the pot out and let the cake rest for 20 minutes.
- While waiting, let’s make some chocolate ganache. Heat up 145 grams of heavy cream to a slight simmer, not a full boil. Pour this into 200 grams of Semisweet Chocolate which I chopped it into small pieces. Let it for 5 minutes. Use a hand mixer and whisk this into a smooth chocolate mixture. It is really shinnying. To that, we gonna add 1/4 tsp of salt and a piece of soft butter, about 2 tbsp. Keep whisking until the butter is melted. And your chocolate ganache is done. It is a bit liquidy, it will set when it cools down a little bit.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the cake. Use a spatula to push the ganache so it covers the whole cake. Use a peeler to peel some chocolate shreds. Put it all around the edge of the cake. Decorate the cake with some strawberries and mint. Enjoy!