Stir Fry Vermicelli Noodles with Chicken & Napa Cabbage (酸菜鸡丝炒粉条)
Today, we are making chicken stir fry Vermicelli Noodles with napa cabbage. It is a popular recipe from North East Chinese cuisine. In this video, I will use the sour cabbage that I made not so long ago as a key ingredient. The little fermented touch brings the dish to a different level and I am sure you will like it.
- 150 grams of sweet potato starch noodles
- 1/2 tbsp of dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp of vegetable oil to coat the noodles
- 200 grams of fermented sour cabbage Click this link to learn how to make it
- 150 grams of chicken breast sliced into strips, marinade with pickled brine and cornstarch.
- 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp of sour cabbage pickling brine
- 1 tsp of cornstarch
- 1 tsp of ginger finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic sliced thinly
- 5-6 pieces of dried red chilies seeded
- 3 scallions separate the green and white part
- 30 grams of carrot julienned
- 1/2 of green chili sliced thinly
- 1 red chilies sliced thinly
- 2.5 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of soybean paste
- 2-3 tbsp of cooking oil
- 1 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
Cut the sweet potato starch noodles into 6-inch-long pieces. Simmer the noodles for 4-5 minutes or until the noodles are soft but slightly undercooked.
- Drain the noodles completely. Rinse them will cold running water to stop the cooking process. Mix the noodles with 1/2 tbsp of dark soy sauce and a drizzle of vegetable oil. Put that aside.
- Slice it into 1/3 of an inch wide strips.
- Cut 150 grams of chicken into strips. Marinade it with 1 tsp of cornstarch, 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce, and 1/2 tbsp of the pickling juice from the sour cabbage. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Finely dice it 1 tsp of ginger.
- Slice 3 cloves of garlic thinly.
- Separate the white and green parts of the scallion. Roughly diced the white part, we will use that for the stir fry. Cut the green part into 1-inch-long pieces. Reserve it on the side
- Cut open 5-6 pieces of dried red chilies and remove the seeds.
- Slice one red chili and 1/2 of a green chili with a 45 angle.
- Julienne 30 grams of carrot.
- Before cooking, quickly mix 2.5 tbsp of soy sauce and 1 tbsp of soybean paste together.
- Heat your wok until it is smoking-hot. Add 2-3 tbsp of cooking oil and toss in the chicken. In about 30 seconds, the chicken should be halfway cooked. Toss in the garlic, ginger, dried red chilies, and the white part of the scallion. Stir until they are fragrant.
- Drizzle in 1 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine from the side of the wok. Throw in the sour cabbage. Stir for a minute. Push everything to the side and add in the noodles along with the sauce. Continue to mix until the noodles absorb the flavors.
- Add in the chilies, carrot, the green part of the scallion. Keep cooking until the vegetables are a bit soft. Turn off the heat. Add a drizzle of sesame oil. Give it a final toss and you are done.
- If you want to watch the video, please click this link - https://youtu.be/EnRl-hAghiM