Chicken Chow Mein Recipe
- 3 cups flat rice noodles
- 1/2 cup of Chinese leek
- 1/2 cup of Chinese chives
- 1/2 cup of carrot
- 1/2 cup of bean sprout
- 150 grams of chicken breast
- 1 tsp of cornstarch
- 1 tsp of soy sauce
- a pinch of baking soda
- 1 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 2 tsp of dark soy sauce
- salt as required
- pepper as required
FOR STIR FRYING:
FOR THE CHICKEN MARINADE:
FOR THE SEASONING:
Cut the chicken into bite size. Mix it with 1 tsp of cornstarch, 1 Tsp of soy sauce, 1 Tsp of vegetable oil and a pinch of baking soda. Set it aside for 30 minutes
- Prepare your vegetables. I use 1/2 cup of Chinese leek[韭菜], 1/2 cup of Chinese chives[韭黄], 1/2 cup of carrot, 1/2 cup of bean sprout. You can use whatever you like.
- Have some rice noodles ready. If your noodle comes in a package and it is dry. You can soak them in water until soft or cook them until half way done. Don’t cook it all the way through. Dry it up.
- Make the sauce ahead of the time. 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 2 tsp dark sauce soy, 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Start cooking. Heat up the work for about 15 seconds. You can do this with a large salted pan as well. Add about 1.5 tbsp of vegetable oil. Cook the chicken first for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Push the chicken to the side so you have room for the vegetables.
- Add 1 tbsp of garlic and all the vegetables except the bean sprouts. Cook it for 1 or 2 minutes then add in the bean sprout, mix everything together. Set it aside.
- Now we gonna do our noodles. Add about 1 and a half tbsp of vegetable oil. Then add in your noodles. Try to spread it. Toss the wok or keep turning the noodles so it cooks evenly.
- 4 minutes later. Add the sauce, mix it quickly until the noodles became brown and shining. We can go ahead and add everything together. Mix them until well combined.
- Add some salt and pepper to taste. You are done. That looks so good so tempting.