Grilled Oysters (With Garlic and Chili Toppings)
Use a food processor to blend the garlic and ginger into a fine dice.
- Cook the garlic and ginger blend with 2.5 tbsp of oil to active the aroma. Season it with 1.5 tsp of oyster sauce and 1/4 tsp of salt. Set it aside.
- Brush and wash the oysters in clean water. Open the oysters as describe in the video.
- Set your grill at high heat. It is best to see the flame. When you put the oysters on the grill. Be careful not to spill the liquid that is inside the oyster because that is what keeps your oyster juicy.
- Put a little bit of the garlic sauce on each shell. This is the most basic sauce for BBQ oysters. If you want it to be spicy, you can put the chopped chili sauce. If you don’t have it, sprinkle a little chili flake will also work. Add some cilantro to make it look pretty.
- Oysters cook fast. When you see they are bubbling, you can take them off the grill. Enjoy!