Hot and Sour Bean Sprout Recipe
- 400 grams of bean sprout
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tsp of ginger minced
- A few red dried chilies cut open and seeded
- 1.5 tbsp of cooking oil
- a handful of julienned scallion
- 3/4 tsp of salt
- 1-2 tbsp of Lao Gan Ma chili flake
- 1/2 tsp of Sichuan peppercorn powder
- 1 tbsp of Chinese black vinegar
Carbon Steel Wok
Rinse the bean sprouts and drain completely. You don’t need to remove the bean sprout roots as they are edible.
- Turn the heat to high and heat the wok until smoking hot. Add a drizzle of cooking oil. Swirl it around. Toss in the minced garlic, ginger, and red dried chilies along with the well-drained bean sprout. Stir this for a couple of minutes.
- Once the bean sprouts are a bit welted, add the green part of the scallion, salt, Sichuan peppercorn powder, Chinese black vinegar, and a couple of tbsp of Lao Gan Ma for a fermented touch. Keep stirring until everything is well combined.
- Serve it as a side dish