Moo Goo Gai Pan
- 400 g 14 oz of Chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce Amazon Link - https://amzn.to/2FlKhKc
- 1/2 tbsp of oyster sauce Amazon Link - https://amzn.to/2FeSJea
- 1/2 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine Amazon Link - https://amzn.to/3bDdo7y
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- A drizzle of sesame oil
- 2-3 tbsp of oil
- 85 g 3 oz of carrot
- 85 g 3 oz Snow peas
- 100 g 3.5 oz of shiitake mushroom
- 100 g 3.5 oz of white button mushroom
- 4-5 cloves of garlic minced
- A splash of water
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp of oyster sauce
INGREDIENTS FOR MARINADING THE CHICKEN
INGREDIENTS FOR STIR-FRYING
Slice 400g of chicken meat into 1/8 of an inch thick pieces. Marinade it with 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp of oyster sauce, 1/2 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine, 1/4 tsp of baking soda, and a drizzle of sesame oil. Let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Slice some mushroom into 1/4 of inch thick pieces. Prepare some snow peas, carrot slices, and minced garlic. For snow peas, be sure to grab the tip and pull out the tough string that runs along its side. It will give you a much better experience when eating.
- Turn the heat to high and heat the wok until it is smoking hot. Add 2 to 3 tbsp of cooking oil. Toss the oil around and wait for the oil to be smoking as well.
- Add the marinade chicken and cook. This way, The meat can be seared as soon as it hits the wok so it doesn’t stick to the bottom. The chicken should be cooked through within in a couple of minutes. Do not stir the chicken for too long. Otherwise, the meat will come out a bit dry. Take the chicken out.
- Use the same wok to cook the carrot, garlic, mushroom, and vegetables over medium heat until they are soft. It will take 2-3 minutes. Add 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp of oyster sauce. Mix well.
- Introduce the chicken back into the wok. Stir well and you are done. Enjoy!