Tomato and Egg
Tomato egg is a really common dish in all over China. I always think that tomato and egg, they love each other. I can tell by how good they taste together. Simply serve this with white rice. It will warm you up, make you feel so good to be home. And it is so simple for beginners why not give it a try?
Note: Product links below are affiliate links. I may earn a commission if you purchase an item on a linked website within 24 hours.
First, peel the tomatoes. Use a sharp knife to slightly make a cross on the skin. Put it into boiling water for 20 seconds or more until you will see part of the tomato skin is coming off. Then put it into ice water. Carefully peel it. Or you can just ship this leave the skin on which I always do that when I am lazy.
- Cut the tomatoes into chunks.
- Crack 3 eggs, scramble it.
- Turn the gas to the maximum. Heat up the wok for 10-15 seconds. Add 3 tbsp of oil. This dish is very healthy so I don’t mind that much oil but if you don’t like it, you can cut it down. Wait until you see there is smoke coming out. Add the egg. 30 seconds later, the egg should be really fluffy. You can break it into small pieces now. Take it out and set it aside.
- Put the tomatoes in the same wok, along with 1 tsp of sugar and 1/2 tsp of salt. The salt can bring out the tomato juice. It is a very simple dish. Some people like it to be a little bit sour, so they add more vinegar. If you like you can do that too.
- Turn the heat to medium. Cover it, let it cook. How long does it need to be cooked? Totally up to you. Some people like the hard texture, some people prefer ketchup texture. This is what I like. There is tomato juice but also the tomatoes still have the hard shape. Once you think it is good, add the egg. Stir it until well combined.
- Add some spring onion at the end. You are done. Serve it with white rice.