Salted Egg Yolk
You can use any egg. I like duck eggs because they got bigger yolk than the chicken egg. And most of the times we will only use the salted egg yolk.
- Crack them all into the bowl and don’t break the egg yolk.
- Carefully wash the shell. Dry it up completely.
- Put some salt into the shell. I put about 1/2 tsp of salt in each. Try to cover it evenly.
- Next, put the yolk back into the shell.
- Then cover it with another layer of salt. Don’t need to worry about how much salt, just cover it completely.
- Last step. Add about 1/8 tsp of the high level of alcohol in each egg yolk. Because duck egg has a weird smell and adding alcohol will help that.
- Cover it. Let that sit in the fridge overnight. Or you can wait few more days if you are patience; the egg yolk will taste even better.
- Next day, It became firm and transparent. Wash off the excess salt. It is so shiny and beautiful. Looks like gummy sugar. Put it in the high alcohol level wine for few second. This will kill the bacteria so it lasts longer.
- How do we save this thing? You can put it in a jar that is full of vegetable oil. It will last 2 weeks in the fridge.
- Like I said in the beginning, there are many ways to use this, so I hope you give this a try soon because I got tons of recipes waiting for you.