Easy Delicious Chicken Fried Rice
This chicken fried rice is a classic flavor that you can get from a Chinese takeout restaurant. Itis easy to make, and it's absolutely delicious. So, if you don't know what to cook for dinner, this is it!
- 200 grams of chicken breast
- 1 tsp of cornstarch
1 tsp of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp of baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 cups of leftover rice
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1/3 cup of red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup of peas, diced
- 1/3 cup of carrot, diced
- 3 tbsp of spring onion, diced
1 tbsp of light soy sauce
2 tsp of dark soy sauce
- pepper to taste
1/2 tsp of chicken bouillon powder
Marinade the Chicken
To Stir Fry the Rice
To Season the Fried Rice
Preparation Before Cooking
- Roughly dice the chicken breast into bite-size cubes, then marinade it with cornstarch, soy sauce, vegetable oil, and baking soda. Set it aside.
- Crack two eggs and whisk well.
- Dice the carrot, green beans, onion, and scallion; Mince the garlic.
- If the rice is in big chunks, crumble it into loose grains for even cooking.
Cook the Fried Rice
- Heat the wok to smoking hot. Add 1 tbsp of oil and stir the egg until set, which will take less than a minute. Break the egg into bite-size pieces and remove it from the wok.
- Add one more tbsp of oil to the same wok and stir the marinaded chicken over high heat for a minute or 2.
- Add garlic, carrot, green beans, and onion. Stir over medium heat for a few minutes or until the vegetables are soft. Remove the chicken and vegetables from the wok and set it aside.
- Heat the same wok to smoking hot, and add one tbsp of oil along with the rice. Stir over high heat for a few minutes or until you can smell the toasty rice aroma.
- Season the rice with light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and black pepper powder to taste.
- Stir fast to incorporate the seasonings because the wok is hot, the liquid will evaporate quickly.
- Once you don't see any white rice, add the chicken, vegetables, and egg back into the wok.
- Sprinkle some scallions for extra flavor and mix until everything is well combined.