HK Style French Toast Recipe (5-Min Breakfast)
Apply a generous amount of peanut butter on one side of the toast. Stack another slice of toast on the top to create a sandwich. Gently pack it tight so they stick together. Repeat for the other sandwich.
- I have seen a lot of recipes tell you to trim off the edge for a better presentation but I don’t like to waste food so I am going to keep it.
- Crack 2 eggs into a bowl and beat them well until you don’t see any obvious egg white. Then mix with 3 tbsp of whole milk thoroughly. Pour the mixture into a flat container. This will help you to coat the bread easier.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture. Turn to coat all the sides evenly. Once you finished dipping, you will have to pan-fry it right away. Do not wait because it will get soggy quickly.
- Add a tbsp of oil to a pan. Pan-fry over low heat until golden brown on all the surfaces.
- Drizzle some sweetened condensed milk or chocolate syrup over the toast. Top a piece of butter and enjoy!
Note: Day-old, a bit hardened toast is perfect for this recipe. If your bread is fresh and soft, it will lose its shape after you dip it in the egg batter.